It is one of the scheduled languages of India and the official and administrative language of the state of Karnataka. It is considered one of the oldest languages in India and has a glorious tradition of literary excellence. There are more Gnanapeeth award winners in Kannada than any other language in India. This just goes to show the quality of past writers and the richness of Kannada language.
We at mLAC believe we must sustain this distinguished lineage of the language. We go beyond the requirements of the academic systems to encourage outstanding talent in the field of Kannada literature. The Department of Kannada at mLAC is proud to lead a range of literary activities in the college. Our strengths include:
- State awards in Kannada drama over the last 15 years
- PG ranking since the last 3 years
- Cent percent results
- Team work
- Theatre workshop every year
- Sustained PG strength
- UG: B.A, B.Sc., B.Com., B.B.A., B.C.A
- PG: M.A. Kannada
- Ph.D. in Kannada (affiliated to Tumkur University and Bangalore University)
|Dr. Ramananda K V||M.A, Ph.D.||Assistant Professor||Linguistics|
|Manjunath C||M.A, (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor||Comparative study|
|Savitha Ravishankar||M.A, M.Phil, (Ph.D.)||Assistant Professor||Folk Lore|
|Kanaka||M.A||Associate Professor||Folk Lore|
|Tulasi Prasanna K P||M.A, B.Ed.||Assistant Professor||Inscription|
|Dr. B A. Annadanesha||M.A, Ph.D.||Assistant Professor||Linguistics|
|Dr. Subramanya Swamy||M.A, Ph.D., LLB, PGDJ||Assistant Professor||Linguistics|
|Dr. C. P. Nagaraj||M.A, Ph.D.||Visiting Faculty||Linguistics|
|Prof. T S Raghunath||M.A||Visiting Faculty||Linguistics|
- Prof. T. S. Raghunath, M.A
- Dr. C. P. Nagaraj, M.A, Ph.D
- Interactive class sessions through discussions Field work
- Workshops in creative writing
- Workshop in poetry rendering
- Paper presentation by Student using ICT facility
- To generate greater output of research scholars.
- To start a communicative Kannada Lab
- To enable BA and MA Kannada students to learn English language.
- To facilitate students in basic computer knowledge and skills.
- To Conduct educational tours for promoting awareness of Kannada language and culture
- To initiate a course in Kannada to English and English to Kannada translation.
- To establish Audio/Visual centre for Theatre activities and a mini theatre in the campus.
|Name||Title of the Paper||Journal
|Dr. B A Annadanesha||Karnadara Natakagalige Pravesha||Theatre mirror (Special Edition)|